Stay informed - Periodic Newsletters - Current Events - Warnings and Alerts
The Point Township Police Department, (Northumberland County), is seeking qualified applicants for the position of full-time police officer. Point Township is located in a hub between major universities and hospitals and offers great employment opportunities for families. The area is situated along the north and west branches of the Susquehanna River and Lake Augusta, well known for summertime boating and recreation. Residents enjoy ample opportunities for camping, biking, hunting and fishing. There are outdoor motorsports, athletic venues, amusement parks and a variety of community festivals. The 25-mile residency requirement, (within 2 years of hire), allows flexibility for living accommodations and schools for children. Affordable housing, a variety of restaurants and shopping, and low crime rates provide for a high quality of life.
· Competitive salary, based upon experience, (senior patrol pay in 2019 is $29.81/hr)
· The agency has now opened all Patrol Officer positions to lateral transfers to help veteran officers start with maximum pay potential
· Paid Insurance – Medical, Eye, Dental, Life & Disability
· Defined Benefit Pension Plan with PMRS, (laterals can port your current PMRS account)
· Other benefits include: all Uniforms and Equipment provided, Annual Longevity bonus, Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off, KIA/Disability benefit, Retirees Health Benefit and more
Point Township is seeking qualified applicants for the position of FULL-TIME ROAD CREW MEMBER. Click below to download your complete application packet.
Deadline to apply is Friday, February 1, 2019 at 4:00pm.